cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Reset GTS4950-PWR+

Factory Reset GTS4950-PWR+

RedDirt
New Contributor

Hello all.  Well I goofed up in uploading a config to the GTS4950 and now I cannot log back in via the console port.  Something broke (that is, was configured wrong) when the Console access user name and password were entered. 

I have tried using the CTRL-C option, but do not see anything in there that would allow me to factory reset the switch and start over.  I had the thing in a stack of 4 switches too.  Our resident Extreme expert will be back in the office in the morning, but I was hoping to get this fixed before then.  All I want to do is just factory reset the switch so I can get the configuration put in.  Can anyone instruct me on how this might be done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dilraj_Singh_Kh
Extreme Employee

Correct. So are you not able to login using the default creds?

User=RW | Password=securepasswd / User=RO | Password=userpasswd

OR

User=RW | Password=secure / User=RO | Password=user

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Dilraj_Singh_Kh
Extreme Employee

Great

RedDirt
New Contributor

@Dilraj Singh Khalsa Thank you for your help.  It had (the switch) in fact defaulted to those passwords and I was able to get in and reset the switch and start over.

RedDirt
New Contributor

When I spoke of the configuration file, I should have said the configuration I was trying to upload to the switch, but I get what you are saying.  I will try the defaults and see if that does the trick.

Dilraj_Singh_Kh
Extreme Employee

The configuration file does not carry the username/password data. So its obvious that it will not work.

Try the default credentials.

GTM-P2G8KFN