cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Reset GTS4950-PWR+

Factory Reset GTS4950-PWR+

RedDirt
New Contributor

Hello all.  Well I goofed up in uploading a config to the GTS4950 and now I cannot log back in via the console port.  Something broke (that is, was configured wrong) when the Console access user name and password were entered. 

I have tried using the CTRL-C option, but do not see anything in there that would allow me to factory reset the switch and start over.  I had the thing in a stack of 4 switches too.  Our resident Extreme expert will be back in the office in the morning, but I was hoping to get this fixed before then.  All I want to do is just factory reset the switch so I can get the configuration put in.  Can anyone instruct me on how this might be done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dilraj_Singh_Kh
Extreme Employee

Correct. So are you not able to login using the default creds?

User=RW | Password=securepasswd / User=RO | Password=userpasswd

OR

User=RW | Password=secure / User=RO | Password=user

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RedDirt
New Contributor

That’s correct.  I have the configuration file that should have been implemented, but it did not, for some odd reason, fully accept the console password for either RW or RO.  I was on my Linux laptop using Putty and am not fully sure why it did not accept the password provided, but it continued withe configuration anyway and before I realize what was goofed, I had already rebooted the switch.

I have not tried the default credentials you listed as I was not aware of those.  I can give those a shot and see, however.

Dilraj_Singh_Kh
Extreme Employee

Correct. So are you not able to login using the default creds?

User=RW | Password=securepasswd / User=RO | Password=userpasswd

OR

User=RW | Password=secure / User=RO | Password=user

RedDirt
New Contributor

Well, I hit CTRL-Y and it takes me to the login prompt for the console.

Dilraj_Singh_Kh
Extreme Employee

Are you getting the login prompt when connected via console?

GTM-P2G8KFN