cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MHMA MultiVlan

MHMA MultiVlan

Configterminal
New Contributor III

Hi - I am trying to figure out a way to use MHMA-MV mode in the following situation.  I have an ERS 4950 using XMC NAC.  An unmanaged switch is plugged downstream with multiple devices plugged into it, lets say 1 PC, 1 Phone, and 1 Printer etc.  Each of these devices need to go into their own VLAN.  Is this possible for both untagged and tagged traffic?

E.g.: Phone needs to be tagged with VLAN 100 on the ERS port but we also use LLDP-MED to tell the phone to tag it's own traffic with VLAN 100.  Will this sort of setup work, or will LLDP traffic not be transmitted through the unmanaged switch to the phone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

EF
Contributor II

I think is possible to have several devices in MHMA in diferents vlans independent iof they are tag or untag beacuse once the devices are autenticated their MACs are associated to it vlan if this is returned by the RADIUS, but the problems I see are:

- Are the eapol packets forwarded transparent from/to ERS and devices? Are they discarted on unmanaged SW? Does the unmanaged SW try to autenticated? The same for LLDP packets.

- If the devices could auth, are the taggging packets honored in the unmanaged SW?

Maybe you have to make I little lab to test to see the unmanaged sw behaviour.

Regards

EF

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

EF
Contributor II

I think is possible to have several devices in MHMA in diferents vlans independent iof they are tag or untag beacuse once the devices are autenticated their MACs are associated to it vlan if this is returned by the RADIUS, but the problems I see are:

- Are the eapol packets forwarded transparent from/to ERS and devices? Are they discarted on unmanaged SW? Does the unmanaged SW try to autenticated? The same for LLDP packets.

- If the devices could auth, are the taggging packets honored in the unmanaged SW?

Maybe you have to make I little lab to test to see the unmanaged sw behaviour.

Regards

EF

GTM-P2G8KFN