cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy firmware from secondary to primary

Copy firmware from secondary to primary

Alok_Shukla
New Contributor III
What command do we use to copy the firmware from secondary to primary?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
7 REPLIES 7

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III

aloeffle
Contributor
Hi all.

I have the same question as Alok.

One example is during the staging process. I want to have the latest version on both partitions.

If there is a command to copy the image from one partition to the other, I only need to transfer the image only once from my TFTP/SCP-Server.

Second example is, if you have several devices, which have different images in primary and secondary partition and you need to align both partition. With a copy command, this can be done without the need of the image file itself.

What do you think?

regards

Alexander

Hi Robert. From my experience, after some weeks of testing, the "new image" has become the chosen one for that device. From then, we don't go back to the former last-known-good. Now it would be nice just to copy the image to the other partition.

Ponzi
New Contributor

Would make sense to be able to do this for staging. You need to be on the same version of firmware on the and booted on the same partition when creating a stack.

If you had the ability to copy from Pri over to Sec it could save you time when trying to add a switch to be a stack member if it already has the right firmware on it just on the wrong partition.

I’m guessing by the age of the post that there is no progress on this and there wont be.

GTM-P2G8KFN