Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ezspanree excessive logging "debug cfgmgr show next"

ezspanree excessive logging "debug cfgmgr show next"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Am using the ezspantree script to predominantly manage STP in a dynamic environment i.e. NAC is dynamically applying the VLAN based on the connecting end-system.

Logs are predominantly filling up on the switch with the following messages:

07/27/2022 10:45:47.38 <Info:cli.logLocalCmd> Slot-1: clearflow ezspantree: debug cfgmgr show next stp.stp_vlan_stats stpd_name=s0 search_dir=1 vlan_name=None

But also with the following:

07/27/2022 10:45:47.38 <Info:cli.logLocalCmd> Slot-1: clearflow ezspantree: debug cfgmgr show next stp.stp_domain_enable stpd_name=None
07/27/2022 10:45:17.36 <Info:cli.logLocalCmd> Slot-1: clearflow ezspantree: debug cfgmgr show next vlan.vlanMap vlanList=None vlanId=None

I am not completely sure what this is showing, if it something to consider, or if just informational?

If just informational if there is a means to disable the logging rather then just turning of 'cli.logLocalCmd' i.e. maybe that plus 'clearflow ezspantree'. There might even be a way to do it directly via the ezspantree script?

Many thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looked into this a little further.

Have ezspantree running on a number of other switches, of which some are not reporting the log messages. It seems to be anything running 31.3.1.3-patch1-5 is not doing it, and versions 31.5.1.6 & 31.7.1.4-patch1-17 are - although that is not an absolute.

The logs are like these:

08/05/2022 10:10:11.06 <Info:cli.logLocalCmd> Slot-1: clearflow ezspantree: debug cfgmgr show next vlan.vlanMap vlanList=None vlanId=None
08/05/2022 10:10:11.05 <Info:cli.logLocalCmd> Slot-1: clearflow ezspantree: debug cfgmgr show next stp.stp_vlan_stats stpd_name=None search_dir=3 vlan_name=None
08/05/2022 10:10:11.04 <Info:cli.logLocalCmd> Slot-1: clearflow ezspantree: debug cfgmgr show next stp.stp_vlan_stats stpd_name=None search_dir=2 vlan_name=None
08/05/2022 10:10:11.04 <Info:cli.logLocalCmd> Slot-1: clearflow ezspantree: debug cfgmgr show next stp.stp_vlan_stats stpd_name=None search_dir=1 vlan_name=None
08/05/2022 10:10:11.02 <Info:cli.logLocalCmd> Slot-1: clearflow ezspantree: debug cfgmgr show next stp.stp_vlan_stats stpd_name=s0 search_dir=3 vlan_name=None

So have created a cli config entry as follows:

configure log filter "DefaultFilter" add exclude events "cli.logLocalCmd" match string "clearflow ezspantree"
configure log filter "DefaultFilter" add exclude events "cli.logLocalCmd" match string "debug cfgmgr show next stp.stp_vlan_stats"
configure log filter "DefaultFilter" add exclude events "cli.logLocalCmd" match string "debug cfgmgr show next vlan.vlanMap"
configure log filter "DefaultFilter" add exclude events "cli.logLocalCmd" match string "debug cfgmgr show next stp.stp_domain_enable"

For some reason the first entry matching on "clearflow ezspantree" did not work, so added the extra three lines which has stopped the logging.

When you run the commands it is reporting is just generates a JSON output of each of the VLANs, how ports are in that VLAN etc.

I don't think the logging ezspantree is generating is reporting an issue, rather then just logging commands it is running in the background. It is for this reason I have turned off the specific logging.

Anyway, that gets me to where I need for now but if open to any further comments.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable
The actual version of ezspantree:

run script ezspantree.py show
ezspantree Version: 2.1.0.5 process is running
VLANs are automatically added to spanning tree s0

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Chris,

I am running the native version that comes with firmware 31.3.1.3-patch1-5 on 5520 stack.

Many thanks,

Martin

CThompsonEXOS
Extreme Employee
Hi Martin,

What version are you on?

Thanks,
Chris Thompson
GTM-P2G8KFN