cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LACP fallback

LACP fallback

Raj
New Contributor

I have some PXE server, i am testing LACP sharing for these server, i have configured LACP sharing (port 15 & 16), Fallback enabled,  server getting ip from dhcp server but not provisioning, question is,  does LACP fallback support preemption in Extreme switches, we are using summit X670V and EXOS 16.2.   

3 REPLIES 3

Raj
New Contributor

Hi experts,

please suggest any solution. 

Raj
New Contributor

Fredrik, Thanks for your response 

I am getting below log on switch, port number 1:15 and 2:15 is in lacp sharing, fallback enabled. 

i want to active fallback only on port 1:15, it should not be active on port 2:15, is this possible

port 1:15 has lower priority,

any preemption option  in extreme switch fallback. if port1:15 goes down due to any reason, 2:15 comes up but if  port 1:15 come up again , it should be active in fallback not 2:15 

8b7990b0cb5949d58fe685258e6ddf0a_82825f77-0660-4912-8506-17d67afaefad.png

FredrikB
Contributor II

Hi!

I didn’t even know there was a fallback option, but it sure comes in handy when PXE booting a server that is supposed to do LACP after booting up.

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Link-Aggregation-Control-Protocol-LACP-F...

It says EXOS 16.2.1.6 or higher is required. Have you tried something else in the fallback port? One possible cause for the provisioning to fail is if the server disables the port briefly after DHCP has succeeded. Have you looked in the logs of the switch to see if the port flaps after the server has got its IP? Just out of curiosity, you could put an other switch between the X670 and the PC so the port is stable throughout the process. Of course the LACP part will fail, but then you’ll be one step closer to realizing what’s causing the problems.

/Fredrik

GTM-P2G8KFN