Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost of OM connection to Switch

Lost of OM connection to Switch

ola
New Contributor

Dears ,

I need an explanation on why i could lose a remote management (OM)  connection to my switch 

System Type: X480-24x

After I implemented the command below to create a lag group to my Router

enable sharing 1 grouping 1, 3 algorithm address-based lacp  

Also note on the same switch i have an existing configuration of for lag on it , see below:
enable sharing 23 grouping 23-24 algorithm address-based L2

Kindly assist with what could have went wrong .

2 REPLIES 2

Gabriel_G
Extreme Employee

Hi Ola,

It sounds like you created an LACP LAG on your x480, but the corresponding configuration was not added to the Router. If LACP cannot negotiate the LAG, traffic will not flow on those ports, which is likely how you isolated your switch.

Ignore the algorithm for a moment, that is a minor adjustment on traffic sharing and isn't relevant to basic link-up/traffic flow.

This command creates an LACP LAG (LACP in active mode) for the specified ports:

enable sharing 1 grouping 1,3 lacp

This implies that you've configured an LACP LAG on your router for the corresponding ports. You can check to see if LACP is sending/receiving PDUs via the outputs of 'show lacp counters'. If ports 1,3 are not receiving LACP PDUs, the LAG has not been setup correctly on the router to match the x480. 

If you'd like to create a non-LACP (static) LAG, simply omit the LACP keyword in the sharing command:
enable sharing 1 grouping 1,3 

ola
New Contributor

Thanks Gabriel for the response ,

LACP was actually created on the Router , for some reason i just lost connection to the switch after issuing the command .

However I will give the command you shared a try 
thanks

GTM-P2G8KFN