Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nodealias Flexview with "Last Learned Time" EXOS

Nodealias Flexview with "Last Learned Time" EXOS

Byron_Morales
New Contributor II
Hey Guys,

Does exos support the mib ctAliasTimeFilter?

I believe this is the mib that would tell you when an address was last learned by nodealias which would be useful to add into a flexview.
6 REPLIES 6

Byron_Morales
New Contributor II
Do you know the exact syntax in mibtools to get the last learned value?

I tried:

code:
total={ "sysUpTime":108 } - { "Time":106 };

where "Time" column is ctAliasInterfaceTime, but my result comes back as 0

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
1) No, as I've wrote "ctAliasMacAddressTime = The value of sysUpTime when this entry was last modified".

The uptime of the switch is 141 days > then you've done "clear nodealias" > nodealias info is learned again = the value is modified > timestamp of this new learned information is "value of sysUpTime when this entry was last modified" (= ctAliasMacAddressTime).

In my opinion even the CLI only does a calculation of two values to show last learned in date/time format...

last learned = (sysUpTime) - (ctAliasMacAddressTime)

2) ctAliasTimeFilter
Not a MIB expert but if you take a look on that OID it shows "MAX-ACCESS No Access".
If you check other OIDs you'd see that "MAX-ACCESS No Access" doesn't give results - you'd need at least read only = no bug IMHO.

Another thing is the description of this OID = The value of sysUpTime when this entry was last modified.
So even if you are able to query that OID it will give the same "wrong" value if you clear nodealias.

-Ron

Byron_Morales
New Contributor II
Here's a switch that I cleared nodealias stats on today. You can see from the command line that the "Time Last Learned" column is set to today.

542f2f4f5deb4101aaf19a660b9c144b_0c3e5241-e0dd-436f-b383-00cd95d77c5a.png

But if I query ctAliasMacAddressTime or ctAliasInterfaceTime with mibtools it shows that the time is 141 days which relates to the switch uptime not the nodealias last learned time.

542f2f4f5deb4101aaf19a660b9c144b_e8be338a-9ac0-4625-9899-7be4261eae30.png

So would this be a bug instead? Or is ctAliasTimeFilter, which doesn't give any results on exos, be the right mib to use if it were supported?

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
ctAliasMacAddressTime = The value of sysUpTime when this entry was last modified
GTM-P2G8KFN