cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with PTPv2 on X440G2

Problems with PTPv2 on X440G2

Piotr_P2
New Contributor
I have a problem with the synchronization of Unify base stations over the PTPv2 protocol on the X440-G2 switches. These stations synchronize with each other, one of them is the reference clock. Do these switches support PTP. I found information that only the X460G2, X670G2 and X770 switches support PTP.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Priority is given to PTPv2 for AVB with Extreme Switches, for which an exact time is needed. If in your application only your clients exchange information over PTPv2 I would expect that to work.

Regards Stephan

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

John_Dave_Thurl
New Contributor

Hi there,  I hab the same problem with Unify OpenScape Cordless IP v2 DECT Stations.

On EXOS 21.1.3.7 everything worked well....Master antenna und slave antennas are in sync..

and now on EXOS 31.xx they always lose their sync status after some minutes.

First i thought of an multicast problem, but there weren't any problems that found.

In this article:

https://extreme-networks.my.site.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000079685

they say that they removed ptpv2 support, but form different models. I use the X440-G2.

Is the missing ptpv2 support my problem, that 4 clients in the same VLAN on the same switch can't sync anymore???

Regards

John Dave

Piotr_P2
New Contributor

I managed to solve this problem with setting a local SNTP server.
All devices:  switches and Voip Base Stations are synchronized to the  local SNTP without routing.
Before that, all devices were synchronized to different external time servers.

Piotr_P2
New Contributor
Thank you for your answer. I am going to do a lab and take a closer look at the problem.

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

There are some bugs reported with 22.x, therefore use one of the newer releases.

Regards Stephan
GTM-P2G8KFN