cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SonicWall NSA to x450e to SonicPoint VLAN

SonicWall NSA to x450e to SonicPoint VLAN

Robert_Quasdorf
New Contributor
Having trouble connecting SonicPoint AP to SonicWall through VLAN. I'm not proficient in managed switches and trying my best to learn as I go. Thanks for any help on this.

Here is my setup:
SonicWall NSA setup using X2(10.11.12.1) as primary LAN with a X2:V2(10.11.13.1 using internal DHCP on SonicWall) as WLAN VLAN for SonicPoint
Windows Server 2012 R2 acting as DHCP fo X2(10.11.12.0/24)
x450e-24 to route V2 traffic from port 24 to port 1

I've setup a VLAN called wifi with tag 2 and tagged port 1 and 24 with VLAN wifi

I can't seem to get them to pass traffic. I've reset the switch several times using "unconfigure switch" to get it back to default and try again.

Does anyone know where I'm going wrong? Very new to this, most KB articles I find seem to only give the minimal info to fix a single issue and I've gotten no where for the past 3 days of trying.
8 REPLIES 8

Robert_Quasdorf
New Contributor
I've played with it some more today and need all VLAN's to go through port 24 from my SonicWall. So should I create VLAN SonicPoint Tag 2 to correspond with the VLAN I created on my SonicWall and then tag port 24 on V2 and untag it on port 1 where my SonicPoint trying to gain access to V2. Or am I going at this completely wrong and need to start reading again. Thanks in advance!

You understood that correcct. Go ahead and try that!

Nick_Yakimenko
New Contributor II
You should use vlan as untagged

Robert_Quasdorf
New Contributor
I'm going to go ahead and blow out the config again to get my other home computers working for the moment. The kids aren't happy when I kill their netflix trying to learn new stuff 
GTM-P2G8KFN