cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stack boot partition mismatch

stack boot partition mismatch

Rich6
New Contributor II
I recently encountered a situation where a slot in a stack was clearly set to use a different boot partition to the remainder of its stack and upon stack reboot the slot in question was left stranded outside the stack topology on a dfferent firmware revision....

i am pretty sure creating a script to go away to all my stacks and find if a specific slot in that stack has the incorrect boot partition configured is much easier said than done as technically the mismtach should not occur in the first place....

However, I do think it possible to create a script which will go away, find the boot partition already set for a stack, and then issue the "use image" command using the result, and in effect re-issuing the correct boot partition to all stack members without any ill affects, but correcting any further "anomalies" of the same ilk I may have across the estate...

Does anyone know of a way to put together an intelligent script to achieve such a task or similar?

may thanks in anticipation

Rich
1 REPLY 1

Dave_Hammers
Extreme Employee
What you are looking for sounds like the feature added to EXOS 22.6.
See the ExtremeXOS users guide "Automatically Adding or Replacing Nodes in a Stack" which also corrects EXOS image mismatches across the stack.
https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/exos_22.6/EXOS_User_Guide_22_6.pdf

GTM-P2G8KFN