cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stay away from EXOS 22.2.1.5

Stay away from EXOS 22.2.1.5

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
Code 22.2.1.5 running on x460G2 has MAJOR stability issues with stacking. I don't suggest running this code in production.
13 REPLIES 13

alm1
New Contributor
Hi all,

I experienced problems with IPv6, local services and 22.2.1.5 firmware. When I upgraded to this version, I could no longer access the switch through ssh or telnet ports using IPv6 address, but only with IPv4 address.

Nmap pointed to IPv6 switch address shows all ports as closed, and to IPv4 address shows ssh and telnet ports open.

Anyone with same issue? I was able to reproduce the same behavior with EXOS-VM_v22.2.1.5-disk1.qcow2 and GNS3.

Best regards,

Ariel

BrandonC
Extreme Employee
Hi Ariel, I've split this out to another thread so that it gets better visibility, rather than getting lost under another thread. Please reference the new conversation here: Issues with IPv6 on EXOS 22.2

BrandonC
Extreme Employee
Hi All,

Investigating this with our development team, we've narrowed it down to an issue with diffserv replacement and policy.

The quick explanation is that when both diffserv examination and policy are enabled, some ACLs get corrupted that can lead to a process crash on non-master nodes in a stack. A workaround on 22.2 would be to disable diffserv replacement. A fix is scoped for 22.3.

See the following GTAC Knowledge article for more information:
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/tBcmxSync-process-crash-with-Policy-and-...

LeoP1
Contributor
Hello Guys,

I'm trying the EXOS 22.2.1.5 at my lab (X460-G2 and NetSight 7.0.9.4) and I found an issue (still under investigation, but it vanishes if i downgrade to code 22.1.1.5)...

The issue is related to some alarms arising on NS about "Interface Usage Limit", returning some odd values only in this code version

Best regards,

-Leo

GTM-P2G8KFN