cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Tacacs+ shared secret password supported special characters ?

The Tacacs+ shared secret password supported special characters ?

No_Kyoung_Ki
New Contributor
Hello, I have a some question about configured the Tacacs shraed secret password.

I was changed the Tacacs shraed secret password include special characters. below

Old shared secret password : test!@#
New shared secret password : test_123!@#

But I did change configured the New shared secret password on the X460 switches. After The X460 switches can't communication between the X460 switches.

I want to know, The shared secret password dose not support some special characters in my case ?
Thank you...
4 REPLIES 4

No_Kyoung_Ki
New Contributor
Hi thank you for the answer, have a good days

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi,

sorry I don't have any information about un/supported characters.

-Ron

No_Kyoung_Ki
New Contributor
Hi Ronald

Thank you for the answer, I know understood about the option "encrypted' and i did not used encrypted command that only used command and version below.

• EXOS version : 16.2.4.5
  • Exact command

configure tacacs primary shared-secret test_adc123!@#
configure tacacs-accounting primary shared-secret test_adc123!@#

I guess this is happen caused that if the shared secret has the special characters ( _ !@# etc..)
I want to know the shared secret support the special characters or not ?

I was trying looking for the shared secret supported password characters. but didn't find it. (command and user guide)

could tell me if you have a idea?

Thank you

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
What was the exact command that you have used and what is the software version of the switch ?!

Could it be that you've used the option "encrypted" - if yes you shouldn't as that is only used if the string is already encrypted.

https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/exos_commands_22.3/EXOS_21_1/EXOS_Commands_All/r_configure...
GTM-P2G8KFN