cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traffic blocked suddenly

Traffic blocked suddenly

nixcraft
New Contributor
I'm doing a fresh installation and I suddenly lost connection to ESXi server behind X620 stack.

I've done basic configuration only, configured stacking, enabled elrp, created VLANs, added a default route and enabled L3 based sharing for the ESXi ports. On the ESXi side it's set to "route based on IP hash". It was working for a few days without issues but now I lost access to the ESXi server from the other side of the X620 stack.

I could ping the X620 from the ESXi host, but not the default gateway. From X620 I could ping both the ESXi host and gateway. I didn't see anything related in the switch events so I just rebooted the stack and it started working again.

What could have caused the blocking? Perhaps there was some event that made the switch to block traffic to/from that sharing group? I'm still running version 22.6.1.4 that came out of the box.
1 REPLY 1

nixcraft
New Contributor
OK, I might have found the issue. I had the vSwitch configured correctly, but for the port group I still had "route based on originating port ID" and the other uplink wasn't active.
GTM-P2G8KFN