cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transmitting Received BGP routes with AS in tact

Transmitting Received BGP routes with AS in tact

nesuser2
New Contributor
I am having an issue with what appears to be two networks that are advertised to me via BGP..one is pretty standard and the other one is maybe a little less typical. I receive the route from an EBGP peer for a /24 and it goes into our routing table. When I advertise these upstream, there is no record of the source ASN. To complicate things further, one of the peers is using a SWIP'd range which is fine but it is part of an aggregate network that we advertise. I have an advertisement policy that removes that from the summary but so far that doesn't seem to be working.

To recap, networks that I receive via an EBGP customer are not being transmitted to other EBGP peers even when permitted and I am hoping to retain the ASN so that when it gets further upstream it has the full AS-path.

Let me know what details I can share but so far I'm not finding any gtac guides or any similar requests on the community site. Thank you!
2 REPLIES 2

nesuser2
New Contributor
Padmashree, Thanks for your reply. I think I found a few things out which might help the community...some might not.

The ultimate cure was to add:
configure bgp add network SMALLERSUB/NET

modify aggregate address to remove SMALLERSUB/NET from aggregation:
configure bgp add aggregate-address LARGERSUB/NET summary-only advertise-policy RemoveSummary

edit RemoveSummary.pol
entry removefromsummary {
if match any {
nlri SMALLERSUB/NET exact;
} then {
deny;
}
}

entry accept_others {
if { } then {
permit;
}
}

Last but not least, one of my routers was routers was kicking out the route received from an ebgp peer..haven't had the time to look at release notes but I suspect it is a previously addressed bug.

Hope this info helps somebody!

Padmashree_Naga
New Contributor
Can you post the running configuration of bgp
GTM-P2G8KFN