Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use 2 SFP+ ports of V400-48t for connect a cisco switch

Use 2 SFP+ ports of V400-48t for connect a cisco switch

Antonio_Opromol
Contributor II

Hi, in a topology like the following where all the BPE are V400 with 48 ports

c5e1d660e52c48779cefdb94a7a35168_d70c7763-cc91-4871-add0-5bbe929f9796.png

where only two of the four SFP+ ports are used for the MLAG and the cascade, may I use the other two available SFP+ port on each V400 for connect for example a cisco switch?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

I don’t see a reason why this shouldn’t work. As long as the ports aren’t configured as VPEX Ports, they act as normal data ports.

Just keep in mind that if you connect e.g. two cisco switches to a V400 and there is traffic between these two cisco switches, those packets aren’t processed directly on the PBE. The packets go from one cisco switch to the PBE, then to the CB and then back to the PBE to the other Cisco switch.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Antonio_Opromol
Contributor II

Thanks Stefan for your confirm.

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

I don’t see a reason why this shouldn’t work. As long as the ports aren’t configured as VPEX Ports, they act as normal data ports.

Just keep in mind that if you connect e.g. two cisco switches to a V400 and there is traffic between these two cisco switches, those packets aren’t processed directly on the PBE. The packets go from one cisco switch to the PBE, then to the CB and then back to the PBE to the other Cisco switch.

GTM-P2G8KFN