Very strange behavior of Macsec adapter on X440-G2 in EXOS 30.6 and 30.7

Very strange behavior of Macsec adapter on X440-G2 in EXOS 30.6 and 30.7

jeronimo
Contributor III

Hey, Can someone shed some light on the following behavior please:

Platform: X440-G2-12t EXOS 30.6, no Macsec license installed

• It takes a long time after boot for the adapter to come online
  • Ports on adapter go into constant green
  • Using a loopback cable between the two ports does not show any lldp neighbors

In EXOS 30.7

• It still takes a long time for the adapter and its ports to become available after boot
  • Ports on switch go to green
  • Ports on adapter blink
  • Using a loopback cable between the two ports, lldp neighbors shows the other port respectively

In both cases, it takes 3 minutes or more for the macsec ports to show any activity at all.

Is the described behavior normal? (Tried two adapters with both EXOS versions)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeronimo
Contributor III

Well... it's documented at least 😉

https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/extremeswitching/GUID-C5BAA10C-35E7-4819-AC15-304F7353F8E6...

"LRM/MACsec Adapter initialization may take extended time - about 40-85 seconds per adapter plus 15-35 seconds per transceiver, depending on the platform type used with the adapter."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jeronimo
Contributor III

Well... it's documented at least 😉

https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/extremeswitching/GUID-C5BAA10C-35E7-4819-AC15-304F7353F8E6...

"LRM/MACsec Adapter initialization may take extended time - about 40-85 seconds per adapter plus 15-35 seconds per transceiver, depending on the platform type used with the adapter."

jeronimo
Contributor III

Interestingly, independently of the type of optics “show port transceiver” or “debug hal show optic-info” immediately shows the transceiver as well as RX/TX power. But the link only goes up like 3 minutes later...

jeronimo
Contributor III

Were these official optics? I had the feeling too that using CWDM optics were special. I’ll have to test again with normal SR SFPs

PeterK
Contributor III

I had same issue on X670G2 with MACsec adapter… just for using LRM optics.

GTM-P2G8KFN