cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSP7000 IST & VLACP

VSP7000 IST & VLACP

Marc_Daley
New Contributor II
According to varying design docs / best practice it is recommended to disable VLACP on IST links of a VSP7000 cluster. However, I cannot find anywhere that says why. Anyone know?
6 REPLIES 6

Marc_Daley
New Contributor II
Thanks roger, appreciate the clarification.

Roger_Lapuh
Extreme Employee
Marc, yes, I was assuming VSP7200. HW and SW IST implementation are quite different between the two products. ERS switches are typically a bit more sensitive to short VLACP timers, especially when stacked. The VSP7000 was using the ERS operating system (BOSS), it is EOS since quite a while now.

Marc_Daley
New Contributor II
Thanks again but just to be clear, I'm talking about the VSP7000 not VSP7200. From what I understand it's architecture differs significantly from the later VSP7200 range.

Roger_Lapuh
Extreme Employee
yes, for IST deployments b) applies. I am not aware of any ASIC restrictions on the VSP7200 that would trigger not to use VLACP with IST/vIST. Keep in mind, if you are running the VOSS switch in non-SPB mode, the switch is still using vIST concept internally, even though you are configuring it as normal IST/SMLT, but this does not have any consequences for VLACP.
GTM-P2G8KFN