cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the stacking bandwidth of X450-g2 switches? In data sheet they it supports summit stack-V 40Gbps stacking..

What is the stacking bandwidth of X450-g2 switches? In data sheet they it supports summit stack-V 40Gbps stacking..

Srinivas_K1
New Contributor
I just want to know the total stacking bandwidth of X450 and X440 switches.. I think x460- G2 supports upto 160Gbps stacking..
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FredrikB
Contributor II
Hi!

As stated above, SummitStack-V84 consists of 21 Gbps interfaces, so I guess that's the answer you're after.

/Fredrik

PS X460-G2 can use proper 40 G ports for stacking just as you stated in your first post, but X450-G2 maxes out at 21 Gbps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

FredrikB
Contributor II
Hi!

As stated above, SummitStack-V84 consists of 21 Gbps interfaces, so I guess that's the answer you're after.

/Fredrik

PS X460-G2 can use proper 40 G ports for stacking just as you stated in your first post, but X450-G2 maxes out at 21 Gbps.

Srinivas_K1
New Contributor
Hi,

I am talking about X450-g2 switches.. what will be the maximum stacking bandwidth it will support..

FredrikB
Contributor II
Hi!

All X440s (assuming they're not G2 generation) has dedicated stacking ports except the Summit X440-24t-10G and X440-24p-10G. Those two latter can be stacked with the 10 G ports in the front. The dedicated stacking ports are really 10 G ports, but marketing-wise they say it 40 G SummitStack, where they count each link both TX and RX of 10 G and then you have two links, so that makes it 10 G * 2 links * 2 directions (TX/RX), making it 40 G stacking... Well, they're not alone in doing so, but in reality, it's 10 G links.

For the original X450 (not X450e and X450a), you need to use SummitStack modules that you put in the rear of the switch.

SummitStack ports require a special cable, not the standard DAC or RJ45.

If you mean G2 models, stacking is done via 10 G SFP ports or, in some models, with a special 21 G port:

"Up to eight Summit X450-G2 switches can be stacked using two different methods of stacking: SummitStack-V, and SummitStack-V84. Each X450-G2 unit comes equipped with 2 ports of 21 Gigabit stacking ports via a QSFP interface. Standard passive 40Gb copper cables can be used for stacking X450-G2s together."

Hope this helps!

/Fredrik

PS Sorry, didn't read the subject line, but the answer is there for X450-G2 as well  As mentioned, SummitStack-V is 4x10G more or less...
GTM-P2G8KFN