cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I not seeing the DHCP Offer or Ack packets from the DHCP server on the mirror session?

Why am I not seeing the DHCP Offer or Ack packets from the DHCP server on the mirror session?

MartinS
New Contributor III

I have a problem. I've got an X460-48p which I am doing a port mirror session on, aiming to capture some DHCP traffic to troubleshoot an issue. I am aiming to capture traffic between a source PC and a destination DHCP server. I have set the mirror correctly to capture both ingress and egress traffic on the PC access port, and I can see the DHCP Discover and Request traffic from the PC, but I am not seeing the Offer and Ack from the DHCP server on Wireshark. I know the Offer and Ack are actually being received by the PC, because I can see the PC sending subsequent ARP requests afterwards, meaning it picked up an IP address from the DHCP server and those Offer and Ack packets did get sent. Why am I not seeing the DHCP server Offer or Ack packets on the mirror session monitor port? Can anyone please test this to see if it's not just me. 

1 REPLY 1

Wong6835
New Contributor

ok for the update and quick reply. Emory Healthcare Portal

GTM-P2G8KFN