Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X440 G2 NAT configuration

X440 G2 NAT configuration

araan87
New Contributor

Hello, i’m facing an issue with an extreme X440 G2 switch , configuring NAT, 

the question should be easy but since i’m not quite experienced with networking, i’m having bad times…

i’ll try to explain the situation.

i’ve to connect my switches (3 extreme 440G2, running 4 VLANs 192.168.10.x - 20.x - 30.x and 40.x) with the switch of a customer with his private netwotk (10.x.x.x)

i’ve connected the one port of my switch with one port of the customer’s switch

now, all i have to do is to create a pool of 10 IP (from 192.168.20.2 to 192.168.20.10) and NAT them to an IP provided bt the custome 10.x.x.200

in this way all the requests caming from the 10 devices connected to my switches will be annunced to the customer’s switch with a known address.

Which commands should i write to make something like that ?

Sorry for my english 

Kind Regards

Daniele

4 REPLIES 4

BradP
Extreme Employee

Just to confirm, EXOS switches do not support NAT.

araan87
New Contributor

thank you very much for all the info,

i will try to find a different way to make it, the linux firewall seems to be a possible solution

Kind Regards

Daniele

Frank
Contributor

Daniele,

I’m not 100% sure, but I don’t think that switches can NAT. Usually switches, even L3 switches, don’t NAT or firewall well. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong!

I usually run connections like the one you described through a Linux firewall, but any firewall will do the trick. pfSense or OPNSense might have inexpensive solutions (I think NetGate offers a few).

Frank

davidj_cogliane
Contributor

I don't believe you can NAT on a 440. NATing has been more of a firewall function.

I look forward to finding out this is something that was added without my knowledge.

GTM-P2G8KFN