cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x440-G2 | Switch Port Speed

x440-G2 | Switch Port Speed

poddy
New Contributor II
I've come across a discrepancy in regards to port speed that I was wondering someone can shed more light on. 

I have several x440-G2 units in my network, both 24 and 48 port versions. Some are stacked, some are standalone. 

Wheen I did a little bit of network testing, I discovered that despite all of the switches running the same firmware, and more or less the same config (apart from hostnames, MAC and IP addressing etc...) there are different COPPER port speeds advertised by my units across the network. 

Some units advertise 100M, some 1G as their port speed:  
e2bffe4731764e81a7f0c5de10f9b824.png
vs

2fd0536d365b430391aa54e45091aa6e.png
Is this something I have to explicitly configure to keep the consistency across the network, on every port?
configure ports port_list {medium [copper | fiber]} auto off speed speed duplex [half | full]

The test results look inconsistent. Questions are being asked and I don't really have a good answer. 

At the end of the day, the network is only going to run BAC-NET traffic, as it is an ICMS network, and there aren't any services that would explicitly require 1G speed - but 1G speed is what the customer paid for a and that's what I need to ensure they can see in the final test result. 

I am merely curious as to why is the different speed on ports being advertised? Is this normal?
1 REPLY 1

CThompsonEXOS
Extreme Employee

Hi Poddy,

Are they all the same models?
dfb52d2a46b24d7da29ccc583ab5d3a6.png

If you are on firmware 30.2 or newer do you see any difference in the ports you are referencing when you run the command "show ports advertised"?

Thanks,
Chris Thompson

GTM-P2G8KFN