Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X440G2-48p-10G4 3-member stack, 10gb on 6 total rear ports

X440G2-48p-10G4 3-member stack, 10gb on 6 total rear ports

jobocol
New Contributor

Hi all,

We have a 3-member stack of X440G2-48p-10G4 as our core. I have dual 10gb licenses enabled on all three members. The top member has one working 10gb SFP+ > fiber connection to our aggregate and one working 10gb rj45 connection to our newly installed server hardware. I am trying to get the other 4 10gb connections working to the rest of our server/SAN ports, but only two have come up so far.

All 4 RJ45 ports on the back (51-52) are configured the same, but only the ports on switch 3 came up at 10g. The ports on switch 2 didn't come up at all - no link lights and state is "Ready" according to the CLI. I swapped the cables around and lost one of the connections on switch 3. Then I plugged a spare module into the SFP+ port on switch 2, and that came up. I have them all set to auto-negotiation on, but I've tried all sorts of speed/duplex combos.

The big question is -- in theory, will I be able to support two 10gb connections on each stack member, in addition to the stacking cables (which are already connected and working fine)? Or is there a throttle somewhere that limits how many 10g connections I can have up at once?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

@jobocol wrote:

in theory, will I be able to support two 10gb connections on each stack member, in addition to the stacking cables (which are already connected and working fine)?

Yes.

Or is there a throttle somewhere that limits how many 10g connections I can have up at once?

No

Are you sure the license is activated on the other slots? I think you need to telnet to those slots from the stackmaster to check it. (e.g. with the command "telnet slot 2")

Anything in the logs when  you plug the tranceiver?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

@jobocol wrote:

in theory, will I be able to support two 10gb connections on each stack member, in addition to the stacking cables (which are already connected and working fine)?

Yes.

Or is there a throttle somewhere that limits how many 10g connections I can have up at once?

No

Are you sure the license is activated on the other slots? I think you need to telnet to those slots from the stackmaster to check it. (e.g. with the command "telnet slot 2")

Anything in the logs when  you plug the tranceiver?

GTM-P2G8KFN