cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X450-G2 support for dante , do I need an AVB licence

X450-G2 support for dante , do I need an AVB licence

Rod_Robertson
New Contributor III
I have a customer who has been told he needs a dlink switch in his network to support dante AV solution.

I expect the X450-G2 will meet all expectations , though I need to check .
At this site there will be 1 stack of X450-G2 units.

There will be a number of vlans .. I have asked the questions about multicast ( dante signaling ) across the L3 interface , and there is a need to disable EEE energy efficent ethernet , can this be done ?

Finally what does the AVB licence give me and would I need it for this scenario.

4 REPLIES 4

Peter_Chang
New Contributor II
Hi Rod,

I put diffserv 46 on QP8, as QP7 is taken when switches are stacked. Diffserv 8 I used QP3, and Diffserv 56 is QP8 by default.

And yes, as Brandon said, as long as there's an IP on the Dante VLAN, then it should work fine.

BrandonC
Extreme Employee
You'll definitely need something in the network to act as the IGMP querier so that there's no issues with IGMP snooping blocking traffic that is needed. As long as there's an IP address on the Dante VLAN on at least one of the EXOS switches you should be fine.

Rod_Robertson
New Contributor III
Peter , thanks for the prompt response

what about multicast and/or IGMP snooping.. I have assumed that The AVB will be on its own network.

Thanks for the link .. so you created the QOS profiles QP6 and QP7 and then enabled diffserv exam port all ..

Peter_Chang
New Contributor II
Hi Rod,

We have a fair amount Dante devices in our network, 15-20 devices. We too are running x450-G2's stacked. Dante has been running solid in our infrastructure without the need for the AVB license. We did have to adjust diffserv settings for code-point 56,46 and 8. Here's the link if you haven't seen it already from Audinate.

https://www.audinate.com/faq/how-does-dante-use-dscp-diffserv-priority-values-when-configuring-qos
GTM-P2G8KFN