Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X465 - Connecting to a Luxul AMS-1816P

X465 - Connecting to a Luxul AMS-1816P

jAbU
New Contributor
Hello.

I'm new to this so forgive me. We just recently upgraded our switches to x465-48T stack. We are installing a system that uses a LUXUL AMS-1826P switch. When I plug it into the switch, the EXOS Switches stop responding. They respond shortly after unplugging the port. I've moved the port over to another port and on a different switch on the stack which provided the same result. When I show the log it only gives me the following:

11/05/2021 10:26:16.39 <Info:vlan.msgs.portLinkStateDown> Port 2:11 link down - Local fault
11/05/2021 10:26:10.56 <Info:vlan.msgs.portLinkStateUp> Port 2:11 link UP at speed 1 Gbps and full-duplex

I've looked up that error but not much comes up. I do have another D-link switch that I am able to plug in and use fine on the same port. But it is not PoE, and apparently for this project they will be using the Luxul switch in multiple rooms.

Image : ExtremeXOS version 30.7.1.1 30.7.1.1-patch1-54 by release-manager
on Thu Oct 22 12:36:02 EDT 2020
Diagnostics : 1.1.5
Certified Version : EXOS Linux 4.14.170, Extreme Networks FIPS Object Module 2.0.16i
Build Tools Version : exos-x32-sdk-2.5.3.1.1

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jAbU
New Contributor
I was able to get my hands on one fresh out of the box and log into it. Looks like STP is built in and on by default. Unfortunately, I didn't find an option to turn it off. I did happen to change it to STP (MSTP by default) and it was able to connect to the X465 stack and receive a DHCP address without freezing the switch. BPDU guard/filtering and other advanced settings were not enabled fresh out of the box. Picture below:
8dffc76a1169402f8c830fb4bc472873.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jAbU
New Contributor
I was able to get my hands on one fresh out of the box and log into it. Looks like STP is built in and on by default. Unfortunately, I didn't find an option to turn it off. I did happen to change it to STP (MSTP by default) and it was able to connect to the X465 stack and receive a DHCP address without freezing the switch. BPDU guard/filtering and other advanced settings were not enabled fresh out of the box. Picture below:
8dffc76a1169402f8c830fb4bc472873.png

Gabriel_G
Extreme Employee

Hello,

It seems like the AMS switch is disabling the port towards the x465 when connected. The 'link down - Local fault' on the x465 indicates that the other device (the AMS) brought the link down. This may be because EXOS has STP running in the default VLAN by default (on all ports by default). If the AMS has something like BPDU-Guard, it may be disabling the port due to STP.

I'd check the AMS switch logs to confirm, or you could try this connection with STP disabled on the x465 (disable stpd s0), but be careful of network loops!

GTM-P2G8KFN