cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X590 + V400 - stacking + vpex not possible?

X590 + V400 - stacking + vpex not possible?

AntonS
Contributor II

Hello,

I have two X590-24x-1q-2c that should work as stack and two V400-48t-10GE4.

Is it possible to have stacking + vpex support enabled at the same time?

X590-24x-1q-2c.7 # enable vpex
Error: Cannot enable VPEX if stacking-support is enabled
X590-24x-1q-2c.8 # show stacking
Stack Topology is a Daisy-Chain
Active Topology is a Daisy-Chain
Node MAC Address Slot Stack State Role Flags
------------------ ---- ----------- ------- ---
*00:04:96:ce:7b:da - Disabled Master ---
* - Indicates this node
Flags: (C) Candidate for this active topology, (A) Active Node
(O) node may be in Other active topology
X590-24x-1q-2c.9 # sho stacking-support

Stack Available Ports
Port Native Alternate Configured Current
----- ----------------- ---------- ----------
1 Yes * No Native Native
2 Yes * No Native Native
stacking-support: Enabled Enabled

Flags: * - Current stack port selection

X590-24x-1q-2c.10 # show version
Switch : 800900-00-04 1925N-41266 Rev 04 BootROM: N/A IMG: 22.7.1.2

Image : ExtremeXOS version 22.7.1.2 22.7.1.2-patch1-8 by release-manager
on Mon Sep 30 13:25:53 EDT 2019
Diagnostics : 3.0
Certified Version : EXOS Linux 3.18.123, FIPS fips-ecp-2.0.16

X590-24x-1q-2c.11 #

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AntonS
Contributor II
6 REPLIES 6

DrankThePurpleS
New Contributor III

Hy

I heard it will be implemented in a future release, but i cannot say when.

maybe some extreme employee can tell us

Execs I walked into meet with after seeing what the issues were after being hired. This cascade stuff, that they I just purchased, and were told not much it seems, most thought they could be dumb switches at least for offsites. They were told XIQ would be CB eventually That’s not happening, and that’s quite a bold statement to make if it were only rumor. They purchased A TON, to with all the XMC bells and whistles that can’t run in the deployment built by Extreme. 

Was so bad had to remove the MLAG’d core just to free up another device to help. Even on the most basic of levels, the throughout and forwarding rate is about half the speed of what was being replaced. MSP boboo, and the need I keep seing is many cases of cutomers ordering enough euipment that it’s or rep being told replacing main campus, Extreme needs to provide Engineer that build their BoMs as always, the rep on call quietly since not in person, customers, their tech, and Extreme sales/eng explaining as these options are agreed. Yes I’ll take 5000 of your finest NAC please. Extreme’s NAC, EAC is what I’d be pushing with no agenda. Sales gets bonus points I’m sure selling yet another acquisitions tech. This role needed everywhere, but I’ve never been in anything this with any vendor ever. Happened with hardware on the wire, off the wire, XMC or XIQ, NAC please, which one,, we need to replace our 250 APs, this model for most, external we’ll go with this, and for some real HP this. Customer could’ve just asked for IdentiFi, WiNG, Hive, Extreme, APs, that work with this and but not that, offers this, only with this core, but this is not being supported, so get this core if you really want one, and XIQ, A3, or ExtremeNAC, but since you have XMC and EAC get these here, and if you really want some options, these v400’s we have to get rid of because of these we had to sell so much other hardware. Anyway. they can do everything if you all acronyms listed on page 213. 

All that leaves me hoping with this universal hardware, sales having to describe that nightmare, to 5520,s can literally do it all. Once ready can begin to move to Fabric networking, wait for this line.

Extreme Fabric Connec---One control plane, so now that you ordered 250 v400’s with that one CB, we’ll explore these when they come out within the hour. 

AntonS
Contributor II

Hy

I heard it will be implemented in a future release, but i cannot say when.

maybe some extreme employee can tell us

AntonS
Contributor II

I have got putty, black+white 😄

As I pasted it in through the code tag the LSD color came up 😉

Stephane_Grosj1
Extreme Employee

Hi,

If you find it really useful, you should open a FR through your local Extreme team.

GTM-P2G8KFN