Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

210 Switch not passing traffic to a 220 switch

210 Switch not passing traffic to a 220 switch

Don_Tuleja
New Contributor

Network:
Router -> 210-48p-GE4 (Switch 1) -> 220-24p-10GE2 (Switch 2)

Both devices running the latest firmware. (They both say 1.2.6.9 in the dashboard. Same as the Extreme downloads page.)

The router (and any other device connected to it) can connect to Switch 1 no problem. But no connection from the router to Switch 2. However if I plug a laptop into a port on Switch 1, THEN I can talk to Switch 2.  If I plug a laptop into a port on Switch 2, then I can talk to Switch 1, but nothing further upstream.

Both switches are in DSM (Dumb Switch Mode). The router is Disabled. No vlans are configured. 

What's keeping Switch 1 from passing traffic to Switch 2 that comes from upstream? 

I opened a case, but apparently CDW forgot to sell me a maintenance contract. I'm working on sorting that out with CDW (frustrating when I have many thousands of dollars in EXOS switches in this environment as well, but hey, these cheap edge switches get nothing). 

I'm hoping someone can provide direction. If it was my old Enterasys Secure Stack, I'd have this sorted. But I don't know these and can't figure out what I'm missing.

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0
GTM-P2G8KFN