cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of a SummitStack member

Removal of a SummitStack member

Peter_Bird
New Contributor
How do you clean up stacking config and port info after a stack member has been removed?

After removing a stack member by logging into the master node - and running "unconfigure stacking" {node address or slot number} then "reboot" {node address or slot number}.

The stack member you chose to remove will reboot and return to factory defaults. However the master node still "thinks" there is a stack member and shows all ports as being present - present and disabled.

The status of the master (in this case originally a 2 stack) when a show "stacking" is run - you see that it has "stacking enabled - master"
14 REPLIES 14

Henrique
Extreme Employee
Hi Peter,

What's the output for show slot command?

I'm wondering about trying to use unconfigure slot if slot-2 still appears when using the command above.

Was having the same problem. I removed stack member 4, but the switch still thought it had something in that slot. unconfigure slot 4.

Success. Thanks, man.

Unconfigure slot was the answer.

Many thanks Henrique (and Brandon)...................................................................................

This is was how it was configured.
Slot-1 XXXXXSW01.2 # sh slotSlots Type Configured State Ports
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slot-1 X440-24p X440-24p Operational 24
Slot-2 X440-24p Empty 24
Slot-3 Empty 0
...................................................................................................

And now no slot info at all. Config is also without phantom ports.

Thanks for all the help - PB

unconfigure slot should take care of this, I believe.

Peter_Bird
New Contributor
Please read heading as Summit Stack - NOT MPLS
GTM-P2G8KFN