cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access devices through EDM since Firefox update 64.0

Can't access devices through EDM since Firefox update 64.0

Pete
New Contributor
We're running a lot of ERS4500 series switches ( just under 100) with Avaya v5.7.2.012 firmware. Also a small number of ERS3500 that are experiencing the same issue and our ERS8800 with Firmware 7.1.5.2

Since the Firefox browser update to V64.0 we are unable to access any of the switches using EDM. After the initial login completes it shows '"Discovering Device, please wait' but never progresses.

We have found that devices with Extreme branded firmware :v5.3.8.014 are still working.

When we open the Firefox Web Developer - Debug console we see a message like the following;
TypeError: webServerName is undefined[Learn More] edmContentJs.js:1631:299
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

fkroeger
New Contributor
Since the fix (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1398718) in Firefox 64 is only a configuration change (https://phabricator.services.mozilla.com/D6589), it can be changed back.

Simply insert about:config in the address bar, accept the warning and search for dom.xhr.lowercase_header.enabled and double click it in order to set it to false.

With this change EDM on 5600's is accessible with the newest MFF version.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

Florian2
Extreme Employee
* EDM on ERS49/59xx platforms fixed this along 7.5.0.0. Please update to any of 7.5.x or 7.6.x.
* EDM on VSP/VOSS platforms starting with 6.1.3.0 do full support Firefox & Chrome browsers. Please update to any of 6.1.3 or above 7.x -> 8.0.

As previous note, the issue seen in EDM along Firefox v64 is due to an internal browser API change. Mozilla Firefox is moving to align more and more with Chrome browser for internal APIs.

jguenther
New Contributor

Paul
This behaviour is even evident on ERS4950GTS with 7.1.0.007 and VSP 8404 with 6.1.1.0 and ERS5952GTS with 7.4.0.10
So even our newest switches have this issue.
Do you know if Extreme is going to be addressing this issue?

Florian2
Extreme Employee
Firefox v64 added/fixed Bug 1398718
This change how MFF browser manipulate response headers -> XMLHttpRequest.

Due to this browser API change, EDM (as a client application) on older ERS releases (e.g. 8800) it's no longer processing server response.

To bypass this you can:
a. Use IE11/Edge browsers instead of latest Firefox (current v64);
b. Downgrade MFF to v63 if want to use this browser instead of Microsoft flavors;
c. Update box image to latest version. Some releases have already support for latest MFF or Chrome browser.

Chris_Skelton
New Contributor
For what it's worth, Firefox ESR 60.4.0esr resolved this issue for us.

EXTR_Paul
Extreme Employee

Agree. As a workaround I keep an 12-14yr old laptop running a 5yo version of Xubuntu. Very solid.
And I just keep the laptop air-gapped when its not in use. I only use it when I have to. I only use it to visit the web-interfaces for switches I control.
GTM-P2G8KFN