Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirror to isid offset only working in tx mode on 5420

Mirror to isid offset only working in tx mode on 5420

JeanNoel
New Contributor

Hi

I'm using 5420 with Fabric Engine an i need to mirror ports to an isid.

I've been trying to setup this with several Fabric Engine releases (9.0.2 / 8.10.3 / 8.8 or 8.6) with no success:

• if the port is in autosense mode and the i-sid attached to the port is a switched-uni, no trafic is mirrored at all. I read this is the normal behaviour.
  • if i set up a platform vlan with attached l2vsn and disable autosense on the mirrored port, manually puting it in the configured vlan, i will only get tx trafic on my monitoring node 

I've been trying using acl/ace or mirror-by-port commands with the same result

mirror-by-port 1 in-port 1/48 monitor-isid-offset 153
mirror-by-port 1 mode both

OR

filter acl 1 type inVsn matchType both

filter acl i-sid 1 2000
filter acl ace 1 1 name "rspan"
filter acl ace action 1 1 permit monitor-isid-offset 153

filter acl ace ethernet 1 1 ether-type eq ip
filter acl ace 1 1 enable

And on monitoring switch:

monitor-by-isid 1 monitor-isid-offset 153 egress-ports 1/16

I've set up mirroring on older switches (VSP4850 for example, running VOSS 7.1.10) using mirror-by-port command with the same offset and I have no issue in that case: i monitor both directions from this switch.

Has anyone experienced the same issue and/or managed to get mirroring to isid in both directions on 5420 with fabricEngine > 8.6

Thanks, regards

Jean-Noel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ludovico_Steven
Extreme Employee

See https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/FABRICENGINE/SW/902/FabricEngineUserGuide/GUID-EABD677C-E0... 

"Incoming traffic that does not contain a VLAN tag is not mirrored into an I-SID if the offset ID is in the range 2 to 1000. It is mirrored to an I-SID only if the offset ID is 1."

This restriction only applies to VSP7400 and all Universal-hardware platforms 5x20,7x20
The older VSP platforms did not have this limitation.

Try changing the monitor-isid-offset to 1

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ludovico_Steven
Extreme Employee

See https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/FABRICENGINE/SW/902/FabricEngineUserGuide/GUID-EABD677C-E0... 

"Incoming traffic that does not contain a VLAN tag is not mirrored into an I-SID if the offset ID is in the range 2 to 1000. It is mirrored to an I-SID only if the offset ID is 1."

This restriction only applies to VSP7400 and all Universal-hardware platforms 5x20,7x20
The older VSP platforms did not have this limitation.

Try changing the monitor-isid-offset to 1

Hi

Thanks, I had missed the restriction. Indeed with offset to 1 it's fine.

Regards

Marlon_Scheid
New Contributor III

Hi Jean-Noel,

I faced the same issue on the 7520 and 5420. But did not open a GTAC case yet.

regards

Marlon

GTM-P2G8KFN