Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual VOSS in EVE-NG does not have "show mac-address-table" command

Virtual VOSS in EVE-NG does not have "show mac-address-table" command

difan
New Contributor II

Hi team,

This may not be a valid question. I am new to the platform and I want to learn the SPBM. I still started with trying something in the traditional L2 realm however I can't figure out how to look up the MAC address table. The only option is to check the aging time.  

VOSS-1:1#show mac-address-table ?
Display forwarding database tables info
aging-time Display forwarding database aging time

Is it because the SPBM doesn't learn the MAC address the traditional way? I have also tried to disable spbm-config-mode and still the same. I just want to confirm that this is expected, or that I am missing something here. Thanks!

Here is where I downloaded the image in case you need the info. 

https://github.com/extremenetworks/Virtual_VOSS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jave
Contributor

Hi,

You can execute also these commands:

sho vlan mac-address-entry port 1/5

or

sho i-sid mac-address-entry port 1/5

which you give more details if desired port is an NNI port and you're looking for a mac address that is a non local mac.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

difan
New Contributor II

Hopefully, you guys don't mind a follow-up question about STP... On this virtual platform which is 5520-24T-FabricEngine (8.10.1.0) as shown in the "show sys-info", I can't create an MSTP instance and I can't add VLANs to the instance... Is it expected? The commands I found on the Internet is not available. The user guide I found https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/FABRICENGINE/SW/810/FabricEngineUserGuide/GUID-2E3D5836-89... also doesn't have relevant command... Let me know if I am missing anything... Thanks!

Markus_Nikulski
Extreme Employee

Please note, that the virtual Fabric Engine (aka VSP) has only a partial data plan. For example they are not switched UNI support is given, which is often used in a Fabric setup.

Jave
Contributor

Hi,

You can execute also these commands:

sho vlan mac-address-entry port 1/5

or

sho i-sid mac-address-entry port 1/5

which you give more details if desired port is an NNI port and you're looking for a mac address that is a non local mac.

GTM-P2G8KFN