cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSAs for VOSS Switches

VSAs for VOSS Switches

Configterminal
New Contributor III

Hi - does anyone have the VSAs needed to push down to VOSS switches to configure multiple VLANs on a port after a client authenticates.  We are using XMC to assign dynamic vlans.  The use case is when we plug in an Aruba WAP we need to assign a default VLAN ID plus 3 additional VLANs to be allowed on that port?  I have it down for ERS switches running BOSS but not for VOSS.  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think you should be able to send

FA-VLAN-ISID=0:1001020
FA-VLAN-ISID=300:1000300
FA-VLAN-ISID=400:1000400

Where 1001020 will be untagged.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Configterminal
New Contributor III

Thanks James, my issue is that I want only one of those VLANs to come in untagged and the rest to be tagged.  So that essentially the WAP boots up, gets DHCP via the untagged VLAN then connects to it's controller.  Once it gets it's controller config it bridges two VLANS tagged (two separate SSIDs) so a total of 3 VLANs on the switch port, 1 untagged and 2 tagged.  With ERS I was able to use the following VSA's to accomplish this:
FA-VLAN-Create=1
FA-VLAN-PVID=
FA-VLAN-ISID = 
FA-VLAN-ISID = 
FA-VLAN-ISID = 
FA-VLAN-ISID = 
FA-VLAN-ISID = 

I think you should be able to send

FA-VLAN-ISID=0:1001020
FA-VLAN-ISID=300:1000300
FA-VLAN-ISID=400:1000400

Where 1001020 will be untagged.

Thank you!!!! This worked like a charm

James_A
Valued Contributor

I think this is what you want:

https://extreme-networks.my.site.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000104563

I decided against it since I wanted to manage solely from XIQ, and would have had to have extra config for the VLAN/I-SID binding on the device (not sure why it has to be done on the device and in the FA-VLAN-ISID response.

GTM-P2G8KFN