Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSP - ADAC versus AUTO-SENSE

VSP - ADAC versus AUTO-SENSE

EF
Contributor II

Hi team!!!!

I have an old configuration in customer over ERS based in ADAC, the por is in customer VLAN (no EAP) and the voice VLAN is added with ADAC when IP Phone is connected (port in untagPvidonly with user VLAN as PVID).

Now Ill change to VSP (universal hardware) and customer wants to maintain (if it possible) this config.

As ADAC is deprecated (I belevie) I need to use auto-sense with voice detection, and it works fine, if a IP Phone is connected is assigned the voice VLAN but I don´t know how to set the port to assign user config (remember that not EAP) or both VLANs at the same time if:

laptop --> IP Phone --> SW PORT

Any idea???

Thanks in advance!!!

EF

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Roger_Lapuh
Extreme Employee

EF, check out the documentation for auto-sense. We added flow charts to show how VLAN/ISIDs are assigned to ports. For your laptop setup you can either set the auto-sense data isid globally or per port, as you wish. Roger

View solution in original post

Jave
Contributor

Hi EF,

Using auto-sense without EAP for months, it's obviously possible to set up it as your needs. All what you need is to:

• configure global auto-sense using c-vid value and not "untagged" option
  • setting end station VLAN as auto-sense data i-sid, globally or per port

By example, if your voice vlan id is 200 and associated to l2vsn 10200, and you want to give VLAN 100 associated to l2vsn 10100 to user on port 1/1, you have to do:

conf t
auto-sense voice i-sid 10200 c-vid 200
int gi 1/1
auto-sense data i-sid 10100
end

You need to have previously set up local VLAN/I-SID assignement for both VOICE and DATA traffic, of course.

Regards

Jave

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jave
Contributor

Hi EF,

Using auto-sense without EAP for months, it's obviously possible to set up it as your needs. All what you need is to:

• configure global auto-sense using c-vid value and not "untagged" option
  • setting end station VLAN as auto-sense data i-sid, globally or per port

By example, if your voice vlan id is 200 and associated to l2vsn 10200, and you want to give VLAN 100 associated to l2vsn 10100 to user on port 1/1, you have to do:

conf t
auto-sense voice i-sid 10200 c-vid 200
int gi 1/1
auto-sense data i-sid 10100
end

You need to have previously set up local VLAN/I-SID assignement for both VOICE and DATA traffic, of course.

Regards

Jave

Roger_Lapuh
Extreme Employee

EF, check out the documentation for auto-sense. We added flow charts to show how VLAN/ISIDs are assigned to ports. For your laptop setup you can either set the auto-sense data isid globally or per port, as you wish. Roger

GTM-P2G8KFN