cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP305C not coming online

AP305C not coming online

CA-Davida
New Contributor

Hi, so I have a few Extreme AP305C Access Points and I'm having issues getting them to connect to CloudIQ.

The APs are getting DHCP correctly when plugged in, they have been reset to factory settings. I can see a new DHCP lease for them on our DHCP server when they come online. If I take their IP address and look at the source  IP address on our firewall, I can see that they are trying to get out using the NTP protocol. After this nothing seems to happen, they are not being denied access, our firewall rule allows all traffic from this range outbound to any destination.

I'm not sure if it's some sort of NTP issue since it doesn't seem to be progressing from that point...

CADavida_0-1677758581785.png

I wanted to check the APs via the console to see if they're getting stuck at a specific point, but the USB cable seems to be around £50! It doesn't seem like you can simply use any cable for it, it seems as if it needs to be a Extreme console cable, which is rather frustrating.

If anyone else has seen this, or perhaps has some advice or light they could shed, please do let me know.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2

CA-Davida
New Contributor

Issue was the switches in the end. Had some very old Nortel switches and they just seem to refuse to come online. Have since plugged them into a newer Extreme switch and they work fine.

Ash_Finch
Contributor III

Hello,

So if you can see them getting a DHCP lease then you should be able to SSH to them (getting around the console issue).
I presume you're wanting to manage these with XIQ? NTP shouldn't be a factor in getting them online.
If you're not seeing blocks on the FW then I wonder if they're in the wrong mode (see step 3 - https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000092794&q=how%20to%20switch%20universal%20ap%...)
Otherwise, follow the below troubleshooting:
https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000057794&q=capwap

GTM-P2G8KFN