Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP310e and DAS antennas power tuning

AP310e and DAS antennas power tuning

Pedro_Rocha
New Contributor II

Hi Guys,

I have a big project in hands consisting on providing wi-fi connectivity for a warehouse using DAS system from Home (kymata.it).

On my previous projects the customer supplied the APs (Cisco) and took care of their configuration.

Since on this project we are designing everything, we want to go with extreme APs. I'm currently testing with an AP310e but the model is not chosen yet.

I need the AP to work in SISO 1x1 on 2.4 and 5ghz. and I also need to be able to fine tune the power since I have a lot of attenuation between the AP and the antenna.

At this moment, after playing around with the configurations I was able to get 14dBm on 2.4ghz.

Is there any way to get more power from the radios? Am I able to configure a "custom antenna" to unlock the country limitations?

Also, if I use a controller, for example a VX9000, can I still tune the power of the radios?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Jan_Reister
Contributor

Hi Pedro,

not sure which solution you use from Kymata, but they have a linear antenna product that is a coax cable with slits at specific intervals and an amplifier. They claim up to 100m antenna length with good RSSI at the ground.

Country limitations are here to abide to, in EU you are bound to max EIRP of 20 dBm in 2.4 GHz, which considering antenna gain and an optional amplifier it is likely to be reached.

Cheers,

Jan

Hi Jan,

Sorry for my late reply.

What I have experienced from previous installations, is that you can have good RSSI, but the antenna should be at 7/8 meters  from ground.

Here in Portugal we had to adapt because normally we work at 12/14 meters. 
Normally Kymata doesn't use 2.4ghz amplifiers, and here is standard for all installations. We have a good experience with this technology but while its the best in terms of coverage and quality of signal on ground, the downside is that it works on SISO. There is a MIMO solution, but it requires to pull 2 antennas parallelly to each other and with that, the cost almost doubles.

Thanks for your help!

GTM-P2G8KFN