cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bricked AP310i - can't login

Bricked AP310i - can't login

mb633
New Contributor

Need to regain access to AP310i. Keep getting "login incorrect" with every combination I can think of. How can the device be reset to a "new" state (factory default?) and what would those credentials be?

5 REPLIES 5

Jadejones
New Contributor

You can Locate the reset button on the device. With the AP powered on, press and hold the reset button for about 10 seconds. Release the button when the LEDs start flashing.

Best regard,
livetheorangelife

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

One more try:

1 - Make sure that you completely segregate this AP from the rest of your network (use power injector or switch not connected to your network). The AP should not be able to see other WiNG APs on the network. 

2 - Reset the AP via console (reset/FactoryDefault)

3 - Try to log in

If above don't help, please call in for an RMA. 

BR,

Christoph S.

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello mb633,

Please follow the instructions in this article to reset and log back into the AP: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000093499

BR,

Christoph S.

I saw that article. Point 1 brought it back to the same inaccessible state. Point 2 gave me "incorrect login". Point 4 also gave me "incorrect login". Point 3 doesn't seem to apply to my WAP - AP310i.
I will say that I, perhaps foolishly, tried to downgrade the WAP software prior to it becoming inaccessible. I would have thought a factory reset would fix that, though.

GTM-P2G8KFN