Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Industrial Switch ISW - Auth/EAP question

Industrial Switch ISW - Auth/EAP question

LeoP1
Contributor
Hi Guys,

There's any info on the ISW (Industrial Switches) related to authentication?

I find out it have some sort of "policy", but not the regular Enterasys/Extreme Policy, something like ACLs.

As I have some customers interested (and actually testing Transitions and other brands) with large Enterasys/Extreme installed bases, it could be very interesting, as I-Series is not available (at least here in Brazil) anymore.

The major question is if ISW will have some kind of "EAP Pass-Through" feature, like 800 Series, allowing users to be multi-authed on a upstream switch (G-Series / S-Series). If available, it should be awesome.

Best regards,

-Leo
7 REPLIES 7

Sandro_
New Contributor
Hello, everybody, is it meanwhile possible to forward the EAP packages with the ISW model to an EXOS switch (G2 - MultiAuth)? Many thanks in advance! With kind regards Sandro G.

LeoP1
Contributor
Hi Guys,

The X440-G2 are not suitable for our customer needs... As the switch needs to work on a "hazardous" area (manufacturing) they use I-Series today and need some IPxx protection.

I saw at the Partner Portal about this new ISW series, but without much information, such as the questions I've raised above.

Best regards,

-Leo

The new Industrial switches do not pass through EAP packets. This pass through mode is under consideration for a future release. The products do natively support 802.1X and MAC address based authentication.

Regards,
Matt

Christina_M
Extreme Employee
Hello!

Have you checked the recently released documentation at http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/industrial_switches/web_config/index.html? If
the information you seek is missing, kindly click the Feedback link so we can add this improvement to the queue.

Thanks!
GTM-P2G8KFN