cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aps is Showing Full duplex but it is taking 100mbps

Aps is Showing Full duplex but it is taking 100mbps

Aman
New Contributor II
We have upgraded the WLC from V9 to V10 and we have updated the License also.

One issue came after that..2 Aps( each Controller) are running on Full Duplex but its taking 100 mbps only , how to make it 1000 mbps.

please help

10 REPLIES 10

Joshua_Puusep
New Contributor III
I was able to get around to testing one of these today. There was a cable fault on the Ethernet path according to my fluke tester. Plugging the AP directly into the same switch port with a new cable caused it to negotiate at a Gig.

Martineau__John
Extreme Employee
Making an assumption that everything was configured correctly before the upgrade, I would be very suspicious of the cable. Please relocate 1 of the APs onto the switch (same switch/port) with a different cable.
PoE will work on either pair of links in a cable but Gig requires all 8 strands

I saw the same thing after upgrading to 10.x, but never got around to testing each link. I concur that it is most likely the cable plant. I might do some cable testing today and report back.

I'd assume that the problem was there before but v9 doesn't include the feature to show "APs with low link speed" - now after the upgrade EX3 has the option to see issues like that in the controller GUI dashboard... I think no one checks every switch port with a AP for link speed via CLI 🙂

But as I've mentioned it comes down to a detailed problem description or we all could only guess and use our crystall ball.

3b42f16a31d641d381bdca0e0d85b291_RackMultipart20180514-126543-10nb41x-crystallball_inline.png

GTM-P2G8KFN