Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP410C Roaming/Handoff "Sticky WAP" issues

AP410C Roaming/Handoff "Sticky WAP" issues

hults
New Contributor

Ciao Folks,

I have 7 AP410c’s (10.3r2 firmware) in one building and I am having Roaming/Handoff Latency or an unacceptable degree of “Sticky WAP Syndrome” with my customer’s multiple iPhone 12’s (iOS 14).

Not a problem with other devices. i.e. my iPhone 6 Plus works flawlessly while strolling, walking even running around all 10 Acres in any of the 5 buildings (total 11- AP410C’s) or outside and connected to any of 4 AP460S12C’s.

I have been through 5 or 6 long tech support sessions and implemented the many suggested adjustments; all to no avail.

The work around is to turn WiFi off/back on when moving from AP zone to AP zone.

This is wearing thin and really is not a solution as some of the users need to maintain connectivity as they move around; not an unreasonable request. 🙂

I have had them turn off Apple’s “WiFi Assist” & “Private Address” features and that has helped, but not enough.

I am at my wit’s end!

Anybody got any thoughts &/or suggestions?

Best Regards,

Ric Hults

17 REPLIES 17

torin_mckellar
New Contributor II
I am not sure if you are having the same issue, but I rolled back firmware to 10.1.2 on a couple of my 410c AP's and things seem more responsive.

sglassman
New Contributor

All of our AP’s are already at 10.3r4 and continue to have issues as described in this thread.  I’d be curious to hear about it if anyone finds a solid fix that works.  Our current scenario is that the client can be sitting in the room right under the AP yet it will remain connected a distant AP with a signal 20db worse than the one I am sitting by.  The only way I can force it to connect to the one in the same room as me is to disable my wifi for a good 90 seconds then turn it back on and then I still have to wait about 30 seconds and then it will switch.

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Im being forced into doing that update myself, to all our AP’s (650ah 1130, and one other i dont recall model).  Yup, guess we will see!

I had to do it after finding my own fix for an issue where i couldnt do a delta or complete update on most my AP’s.. it was an upgrade they did when going form hive to xiq, and it caused issues on my side of things… thanks bonjour protocol, thanks extreme!  if you are bored, heres my full post:

🙂

torin_mckellar
New Contributor II

I didn’t know 10.3r4 was out, let me know how it goes

GTM-P2G8KFN