Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latency issues between different ap with microsoft teams

Latency issues between different ap with microsoft teams

VIctorM1
New Contributor
HI
During the Covid pandemic, the use of Microsoft Teams was established in our company.
And everything works fine as long as you don't move around the office, because when you move during a meeting, either to a meeting room or to another location, the team video call freezes and starts working with a lot of latency. We have verified that it is when making the jump between the different access points. We have made changes to SNR, frequencies, etc., but we haven't found the problem.

any suggestion?

These problems are also reproduced with whatsapp or zoom.
3 REPLIES 3

Djow_Sower
New Contributor
It is possible to improve the romming ap for another to make or adjust its power, not always high power will be synonymous with signal quality, decrease the power of the aps in order to improve the quality of the roming during a movement from one place to another, adjust from channels will also help you, eliminating the "B" band will also help you, they are just good practices for a more stable, eliminating DFS channels will also help in wing APs.

Sounds stupid but solved many client issues for me > update the WLAN driver on the client device / make sure you have the latest.
Also set in the advanced setttings of the adapter (not available from every vendor) roaming priority (or something like that) to high, prefered 5GHz,

-Ron

systemscsn
Valued Contributor
I dont think thats fixable.  if you are roaming between access points, there is a hand-off form one AP to the other.  Its possible that the device is sticking to the first AP and not letting go and connecting to the second AP.  Normally when the signal from the device to the AP gets lower, and the next AP signal gets stronger, the device will roam to the next AP. 

So it might be a "sticky client" situation, but in my opinion, and experience you are not going to solve the issue completely.  When the hand off form one AP to the other, there is very likely going to be a freeze, but the latency should go away.  I can onyl think the device is being handed off from the one AP to the next, and that "next" one may be a poor signal as the device might be a long way form that next AP.  make sense?

the only other thing i can think of, when moving between AP's, its not a different VLAN sot he device has to get a new IP address.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Jason.
GTM-P2G8KFN