cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Serial Numbers from Redirector

Removing Serial Numbers from Redirector

CraigN
New Contributor
I purchased a few APs from a tech reseller on Ebay for my home lab/for learning & Development but the serial numbers are still attached to an XIQ somewhere. The company I bought them from informs me the company that originally had them went bust. Is there a way I can get the Serial numbers removed from the Redirector so I can add them to my XIQconnect?
1 REPLY 1

BenjaminT
Extreme Employee

Thanks for the mention! I can help you with this process if you can send me the serial numbers of the APs you have now. Just so you know, the procedure for this will be:

I will identify the previous owner based on the serial numbers you send over. I will reach out to them to get their permission to transfer ownership of these devices to you so I can remove the old records which will allow you to add these devices to your inventory.

If the previous owner does not respond, I will reach out to the old account team to see if they can give us permission for the transfer of ownership.
If the previous owner and the previous account team do not respond, we’ll need to reach out to your local sales team to start an official transfer of ownership request since we aren’t able to reach the previous owners directly. If we get to this step, I’ll need to know generally where you are located to find your local sales contact.

-Benjamin Tam

GTM-P2G8KFN