cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

404 Error after upgrading AP4532 from WiNG 5.5 to 5.7

404 Error after upgrading AP4532 from WiNG 5.5 to 5.7

Eric_Burke
New Contributor III
For testing of newer WiNG platform, removed 3 AP's from production (5.5) and factory reset them. Then updated one to 5.7, thinking I'd make it a controller and test with the other two (4522). After the upgrade, when I try to hit the web interface to set it up - I simply get a 404 error on https. Any thoughts? Did I break the internet?
12 REPLIES 12

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
Hello Eric,

You are loading an intermediate/ conversion image onto the APs. This should only be used when converting them from Extreme to WiNG. In other words making the AP4532 an AP6532.

This image should not be used for anything other than the conversion process. If your intention is to convert them to WiNG then you will need to upgrade to the final 5.7 Zebra image per info below:

Extreme product name Intermediate/Conversion image name Final Zebra Image (WiNG)
AP4532 AP4532-CONVERSION-5.7.0.0-057RM.img AP6532-5.7.0.0-057R.img

If you don't intend on converting them to WiNG then the Extreme firmware you're currently on (5.5) is probably the latest you can upgrade to.

Should you wish to get them up to latest WiNG image, you will have to go through firmware AP6532-5.7.0.0-057R.img first. All this is information is in the release notes for 5.7.0.0.

Please contact the Extreme wireless support team for more information on the conversion process.

Regards,

Chris

Christoph S.

My pleasure Eric!

Once you've got the AP4532 APs on WiNG 5.7 (final version), they will become fully fledged WiNG APs (AP6532) that can be upgraded to the latest firmware. You can then add as many newer APs to the mix and have them work together seamlessly.

I would assume that they are all managed by a controller which should follow the same conversion process.

Regards,

Chris
Christoph S.

BigRic
New Contributor III
Thanks Chris. For this client, we've got almost 200 4532's deployed and we are going to probably double that in the next year. My thinking was that we really need to get the old AP's up to the most current build of WiNG (which Extreme really was mostly anyway, no?). This will enable us to continue with WiNG products over a mix of Extreme, WiNG, etc. I'll give this a shot. Thanks again!

BigRic
New Contributor III
Chris, thanks for this info. I updated each directly from it's own UI (not from a controller). The image looks to be about 3mb smaller than the older ones (5.5 for example). I checked the download pages, but for these older AP's, I only see this one image available. Are full images available somewhere else? Again, these are 4532 and 4522 AP's. I've attached a screenshot of the sizes of each from my tftp folder.

65fd42a2f401430e9712073c75bcfda5_RackMultipart20170804-110507-187qx3f-2017-08-04_8-34-37_inline.png

Thanks!

GTM-P2G8KFN