cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidently turned of LAN access to AP-7522 controller can no longer access configuration page.

Accidently turned of LAN access to AP-7522 controller can no longer access configuration page.

brj5144
New Contributor
Background
My wifi was working fine but the time was always off so I tried to add a ntp time server in the basic settings page. Feeling like I needed to have a default gateway for the time server to work, I enabled the wan port and set a default gateway and ip address. It didn't seem to work so I disabled the wan port. When I did it seems to have disabled the lan access as well. So now I have wifi up and running and no lan access to configure any more settings or see the dashboard.

Question
Can I reset this Access Point to factory settings and let it adopt with another virtual controller or is there another way I can access this AP and enable the LAN port?
13 REPLIES 13

Alona
Extreme Employee
self
interface vlan1 (assuming that's what you use)
ip address x.x.x.x/24

com wr

You can always do "help search " to find commands that you are looking for and what context it's in.
You can do "show running" - to see you whole config and modify what's needed

brj5144
New Contributor
I typed in how to set the ip from the command line and I set it with the command line through ssh to the default ip address on the network port. Thank everyone for getting me on the right track.

brj5144
New Contributor
ok I was able to ssh in to the default ip address. I can logon with my admin and password. I ran the commands that you gave me and it shows the interface is up. How can I set an ip address on it.

brj5144
New Contributor
I tried it from a laptop and a different pc. Same result enter does not do anything when I try to access the AP. Not sure where to go no.

Thanks
GTM-P2G8KFN