Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP621, AP6521 power cannot be changed

AP621, AP6521 power cannot be changed

MartinM1
New Contributor

Hello All,

I have problem setting power for AP621, AP 6521. The power in VX9000 is fixed to 14dBm, whatever i do. So I set manually power to value 19dBm (override Smart-RF), but nothing changed. I can see in Statistics → Radios → Status in Column Power Current (Config): 14 (19).

This happens for all AP621, AP6521 in all domains. The AP7522 are OK (set up to 20dBm according Smart-RF).

VX9000 - FW was 5.8.3 and after upgrade to 5.9.1.3 nothing changed. I have check the startup-config and running config of AP and there is 19dBm set for AP.

Does anyone have some advice what to check or set?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ckelly
Extreme Employee

Martin,

I’m guessing that this is for radio 2 (5GHz) and that it’s currently using a UNII-1 channel.

As a test, manually set the radio-2 for something like channel 149 (commit) and then look at the power setting again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MartinM1
New Contributor

Hello Chris,

sorry for a late answer,  anyway thank you for your advice, wiil try it.

Martin

ckelly
Extreme Employee

Martin,

I’m guessing that this is for radio 2 (5GHz) and that it’s currently using a UNII-1 channel.

As a test, manually set the radio-2 for something like channel 149 (commit) and then look at the power setting again.

Christopher_Fra
Extreme Employee

Antenna gain only applies to external antenna deployments. You may want to get a support case generated, so we can review the tech-supports and configurations.

MartinM1
New Contributor

Hello Christopher,

sorry not to mention, but the APs are with internal antennas. And even setting gain or antenna mode does not change the power.

Martin

GTM-P2G8KFN