Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchical management in Wireless WiNG

Hierarchical management in Wireless WiNG

Long_Tran
New Contributor III

Hi all,
I have lab use WiNG Wireless. Network Diagram:

65b06b53a6154f09abf509aefc2e6187_RackMultipart20170929-2987-aj2zk3-Capture_inline.png

I have 2 Site: Site_1 and Site_2.
+ In Site_1, I use VX9000_SITE_1 to manage some AP7522.
+ In Site_2, I have VX9000_SITE_2.
--> I want use VX9000_SITE_2 to manage VX9000_SITE_1.

Thank you in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

Alona
Extreme Employee
Yes, you can if you need to. Few things you need to remember. Site VX has to have APs at level 1 mint link and NOC VX adopts site VX at level 2 mint link. That's a MUST.
Then you need to bump up mint DIS priority and mint control priority for NOC VX under device. You can see current mint config by doing "show mint config" on each one. THey will match. If you want to have one VX manage several site VXs - you NOC VX mint config needs to have higher mint priority and control priority and be router while your site VX controllers need to be mint leafs (you can see this by doing "show mint info").
To adjust mint dis priority and control priority - under device of NOC VX:
(config-device)#mint ?
control-priority MiNT control priority
dis priority-adjustment Adjustment added to base priority

Alona

Darrel_Rhodes
Extreme Employee
Hi Long,

It is possible to have a VX manage another VX, however there are limitations: Effectively you're demoting the remote VX to an RF Domain Manager.

As mentioned by Andrew, the recommended solution would be to cluster the two VXs as this would give you resiliency. However you'd need to ensure both VXs are routable to APs on each site and all APs are running at Mint Level 2.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you need any further help.

Best,
Darrel.

Andrew_Webster
New Contributor III
I don't know about one VX managing another, but you could put the VXes in a cluster. You can make changes on either VX and the other one will be updated.
You would need to make sure your APs can reach SITE_2 via MiNT protocol so they could adopt there if SITE_1 VX does down.
GTM-P2G8KFN