cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to install Wing AP 7532 in my ware house but first I want to know what is the range of Wifi in AP 7532?

I want to install Wing AP 7532 in my ware house but first I want to know what is the range of Wifi in AP 7532?

Ravi_Patel
New Contributor
3 REPLIES 3

ckelly
Extreme Employee
Ravi, You need to strongly consider your wireless client devices when thinking about range. Wireless conversations happen in both directions. An AP will nearly always have more transmit power than the client. But that won't do you any good if the client doesn't have enough power to transmit back to the AP. Just something to think about.

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II
Ravi,

Chistopher is totally right, you should do site survey, it can be predictive one as well, but should be done after intense investigation of your environment and your goals. Project would also depend on the goal, you might want to have high throughput or high range, but I would not recommend to put APs at 20-26 dBm of transmitted power for sure - this will most likely result in worse channel performance as with such power, tens or sometimes hundreds of meters (in open area it can be even couple of kilometers if you care just about free space path loss) are not enough to get rid of co-channel interference, what is a painful factor especially with 2.4GHz where you have small amount of channels for your channel re-use plan. Especially, when we are talking about a long range of signal that is not useful because it is below your devices sensitivity (like -65 dBm for many voice devices) and above SNR ratio that would make other APs ignore the signal and not get 'distracted' (this threshold is way lower than -65 dBm).

You will be amused by the way WiNG operates and by its overwhelming amount of security and troubleshooting features. In theory, all the APs on the market have more-less the same range under the same conditions, as it's just about Tx power. Another factor is the internal/external antenna radiation pattern and how you place it (it can be initially simulated). By the way, if you have a warehouse with high storage racks, you might find it useful to utilize APs with external antennas that would radiate well along aisles and get contained between racks.

Kind regards,
Tomasz

Christopher_Fra
Extreme Employee
Hello Ravi,
There are many variables that go into AP/WiFI signal range (e.g. non-wifi and/or neighboring AP interference, antennas, co-channel/adjacent channel interference and so on). Typically, but not always true,is one AP for every 5,000 square feet, but number of clients, throughput and other factors can determine this number. You should have someone perform a site survey to determine coverage.
GTM-P2G8KFN