Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAP authentication issue

LDAP authentication issue

Daniel_Starosci
New Contributor III
Hello all.

I am having some issues getting LDAP based auth to work in the captive portal. The LDAP-agent is configured and joined the domain. I have a group in AD with some users for wireless access. I have went through the documentation and videos on youtube with no luck.

Here is the log:

Jun 14 10:32:48 2018: %DAEMON-3-ERR: radiusd[7278]: [ldap_primary] LDAP login failed: check identity, password settings in ldap section of radiusd.confJun 14 10:32:48 2018: %DAEMON-3-ERR: radiusd[7278]: [ldap_primary] (re)connection attempt failed
Jun 14 10:32:48 2018: %DAEMON-5-NOTICE: radiusd[7278]: Invalid user: [danielst] (from client localhost port 1 cli 5C-AF-06-4C-35-12)

Everything seems to be setup correctly. Any of you went through this issue before and can offer some advice?

Thanks, DS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Daniel_Starosci
New Contributor III
Just an update that I got this working. I misconfigured the bind dn in the LDAP section. Even when misconfigured, it was showing as joined the domain.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

NoufalQA
New Contributor

I have LDAP authentication issue. It says unable to find suitable domain controller for domain xxx.xxx.

Can you please share the working configuration. 

Daniel_Starosci
New Contributor III
Just an update that I got this working. I misconfigured the bind dn in the LDAP section. Even when misconfigured, it was showing as joined the domain.

Ondrej_Lepa
Extreme Employee
Daniel,

could you raise a support case with us using Extreme Portal and post running configuration so we can check it?

Regards,
Ondrej

Daniel_Starosci
New Contributor III
We are running WING 5.8.6.5. Authentication is MS-CHAPv2.
GTM-P2G8KFN