Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

meshpoint unsupported data-rates on AP460e

meshpoint unsupported data-rates on AP460e

s88791459
New Contributor
HI! I am getting a lot of similar logs as follows:
AP-92 %DOT11-5-NEIGHBOR_DENIED_ASSOC: Neighbor '48-9B-D5-EF-CF-F0' denied association on radio 'AP-92:R2' meshpoint 'MCX': unsupported data-rates
What could be the reason? I have set channel-width to dynamic and set data rate on 5GHZ radio to default

Following I have under the Profile AP460e-Main

interface radio2
placement outdoor
meshpoint MCX bss 1
aggregation ampdu none
aggregation ampdu max-aggr-size tx 65535
antenna-mode 4x4
no dynamic-chain-selection
antenna-diversity
no 11axSupport
no 11axTWT

Where should I start looking?
2 REPLIES 2

Christopher_Fra
Extreme Employee
Hello Soham,
      149 is a channel, not a data rate. By default, the AP460 uses the following data-rates:

Basic data rates: 6Mbps, 12Mbps, and 24Mbps
Supported data rates: 9Mbps, 18Mbps, 36Mbps, 48Mbps, 54Mbps 
MCS Streams Supported: MCS-1Stream, MCS-2Streams, MCS-3Streams

If the MESH APs are all AP460e, the default data rates should suffice. If there is a mix match of AP models in the MESH deployment, we would need to know what the other AP model is. 

Antenna-Diversity should not be enabled on the radio. 

The UAP external model (AP460e) requires additional configuration for radio 2, using antenna-id and group. 

The following is a Knowledgebase article explaining how to configure the antenna-id and group for the AP460e. 

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000100834&q=Wing%20UAP%20antenna%20

We really would need to capture a wireless trace on the MESH, to identify what the actual data-rates that are being advertised and what is unsupported. 

If your deployment is under entitlement, strongly advise to have a support case open, to better assist you on this issue.

The data rate is set to default. How do I take a capture?

GTM-P2G8KFN