cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New AP7632 (Extreme Branded) performance at 2.4 Ghz compared to legacy products (Motorola).

New AP7632 (Extreme Branded) performance at 2.4 Ghz compared to legacy products (Motorola).

Richard_Augusto
Contributor
Hello guys,

I would like to know from the Experts if we have a big difference in performance in the 2.4 GHz frequency in Legacy products (AP650 / 6522/7131) compared to the current AP7632 and 7522/32 in terms of high density or RF "dirt".

Another question, is AP7632 still better than 7522?

I need to justify the exchange of our legacy product portfolio, since the AP650, for example, does not receive any more improvements / correction of problems.

Thank you very much in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

vanelm
Contributor
Hello,
Newer products always brings benefits despite of 2.4 performance
1. New more powerful CPU allows to run advanced services (like DPS) onboard without need to sniff a traffic in a wire with ancient analytics engines
2. New radio provides more DSP power which improves data rates, range and general performance
3. New 2-nd and 3-rd generation 11ac chipsets bring less nanometers which leads to more power efficiency and less heat dessipation
4. New APs always supported by latest WiNG software and brings latest features. You can expect at least one year (two major releases) support after EOS to have a fixes fo any unexpected things (like KRACK)
5. (my favorite one) Newer AP often comes as internal antenna only. Which allows to avoid customer creativity like installing less antennas than supported or installing antennas in a totally different environments (freezes, rooms, hallows..)

Misha

Misha,

Thank you very much for the information. They were very helpful. My integrator has proven in practice the superiority of the AP7632 compared to the legacy AP650 product.

Greater range and connection stability was observed in noisy environments. Detail: The AP650 in question had an external antenna.
GTM-P2G8KFN