cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFS-7000/4000 licensing

RFS-7000/4000 licensing

yanntllr
New Contributor

hello, i was looking at APs for my home lab and came across the AP650, and learnt it needed an RFS controller to work, reading the brochures about the RFS-7000 i saw there was quite a few licensing options, and i started to wonder what the licenses were and if the hardware could work without one at all?

the plan would be to have 1 or 2 AP650 connected, so i know that any of this is overkill, but i like the idea of learning this stuff.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ckelly
Extreme Employee

For the WiNG controllers, the licenses are permanent. If a RFS controller has its configuration defaulted back to factory default, it deletes the license key (which could then be applied again). And as mentioned, the RFS4K is a little different in that it will always have 6 permanent licenses, even after a factory default.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello,

For the AP650 be sure to acquire an AP license and NOT an ADP (also called AAP) license. The latter is for the newer APs and won’t allow you to adopt an AP650. 

Cheers

Christoph S.

yanntllr
New Contributor

actually i have one last question, would it be a RFS-7010-UC-16-WR or a RFS-7010-ADP-64 license needed for the AP650? more as a curiosity than anything else.

yanntllr
New Contributor

thanks, seems far more reasonable being permanent.

once again thanks a lot, now i know what i need to make the dream work.

ckelly
Extreme Employee

For the WiNG controllers, the licenses are permanent. If a RFS controller has its configuration defaulted back to factory default, it deletes the license key (which could then be applied again). And as mentioned, the RFS4K is a little different in that it will always have 6 permanent licenses, even after a factory default.

GTM-P2G8KFN